Transcontinental MEDIActive Youth: Africa on Board Project has started
MEDIActive Youth is an international youth initiative of improving youth media literacy launched in 2015. Within two previous Erasmus+ MEDIActive Youth projects capacities of 22 youth NGOs from Europe and Latin America have been raised, a Transnational Youth Magazine (TYM) has been launched, website www.mediactiveyouth.net and multilingual online courses have been created.
The overall objective of this two-years project called ”Transcontinental MEDIActive Youth: Africa on Board” is to continue with building capacities of youth NGOs globally and developing open education resources (OER) in the field of media literacy. Particular attention is given here to the African continent, and this project will enable it to also join the transcontinental initiative of improving media literacy launched through the previous projects.
Specific objectives of the project are:
1: Increasing the capacity of youth NGOs/workers/activists from 7 countries from Europe and Africa in the field of media literacy and media activism, and fostering their active participation in society
2: Creating high-quality multilingual OER for an innovative blended learning on media literacy and activism:
- Teaching material pack ”Media Literacy Education by the Blended Learning Method” (training course curriculum, educational materials and guidelines)
- Moodle course ”Media Literacy Education by the Blended Learning Method”
3. Creating an informational/media hub between Europe, Africa and Latin America in the field of youth policy through further improving the TYM – new authors, themes and articles
The project consortium consists of 7 youth organizations from Europe and Africa, as follows:
- EUROMED EVE Maroc
- EUROMED EVE Tunisia
- Better World Foundation – Egypt
- Association Educative et Culturelle Arc en Ciel – Algeria
- Eesti People to People – Estonia
- Center for Intercultural Dialogue – North Macedonia
- Centar za drustveno ekonomski razvoj – Serbia (project leader)
The project has a duration of 24 months. It starts on 1rst March 2022 and ends on 29th February 2024.
Project grant: EUR 178.134,00
The project is funded by the European Union, within Erasmus+ Programme.
2 thoughts on “Transcontinental MEDIActive Youth: Africa on Board Project has started”
I would like to thank you for the efforts youve put in writing this website. Im hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my very own blog now 😉
A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment. I think that you ought to write more on this issue, it may not be a taboo matter but typically people dont discuss these topics. To the next! All the best!!